The Association of American Geographers has a program called MyCOE Global Connections & Exchange. The focus is on sustainable development (e.g., climate change, food security) and raising awareness in our local communities via collaborative mapping. The program is open to high school students and teachers can earn $300 for their classroom. See more details here and visit: http://www.aag.org/globalconnections.
COME LEARN, PLAY AND THINK WITH YOUR CHILD!
WHEN: January 24, 2012 from 6:00-7:30pm
WHERE: Maury Elementary Multi-Purpose Room and grounds (1250 Constitution Ave. NE)
WHAT: This year you will find some of last year’s favorite stations, as well as new ones! You will be able to…
- Construct ramps, balance objects, fold origami and identify your own Multiple Intelligences!
- Play with light, lasers and sound and observe the night sky with real telescopes!
- Play lots of games from the Think Tank Lending Library and Labyrinth Puzzles and Games!
- Try out CrossFit and learn about the science behind health and fitness!
- Meet “ Wendy the Waterdrop ”, mascot of DC Water!
- Win fun prizes just for participating!
Visit with experts from the National Science Foundation, DC Department of the Environment, Living Classrooms, Anacostia Watershed Society, Casey Trees, DC Beekeeper Association, DC WASA, National Capital Astronomers, District CrossFit and more! Learn more about the Think Tank > http://maurythinktank.blogspot.com/.